Publicity is the key to success in any business. It is not enough to be good at what you do or what you have to offer if there are no buyers or clients interested in the wares.
No doubt that social media publicity or advertising play vital role in development of business. However, for a faster result, word-of-mouth referrals work the best. Word of Mouth marketing strategy is very important as it gives the listener an assurance from the speaker about the quality and reliability of the product or service in question.
- Request for referrals, especially when you are sure about the quality on offer. There is nothing wrong with approaching family and friends to spread the word around since they are the immediate and best judge of the product.
- When you seek a referral, be specific in informing the person what you are aiming for. The referral source should be knowledgeable about your goal and product details in order to pass on effective information.
- Be a visionary and understand the customer’s needs. If you have the ability to connect with the customer at that level, then they feel that the service/product is for their betterment and use and not a mere money-making source. Thus, building trust is essential for a healthy promotion of the product.
- No doubt, you can ask for referrals from people who have used your services or products. Nonetheless, it is wise to widen the client base by offering free samples for testing. This way, after initial use, if the person is satisfied with the quality or performance, then rest assured that the word will spread like wildfire within the community.
- Building a customer community is equally important. This is possible through chat rooms on your website or organizing an event for the customers under your company’s sponsorship. This immediately highlights your presence and encourages interactions between users, resulting in healthy publicity.
- Establishing a healthy alliance with other organizations that service your target market makes it a win-win situation for both the parties. This is available by creating links on your website to the partner company. Thus, your product and service get exposure and publicity through the partner site as well.
- Effective communication is important to establish your name. Through promotional activities, ensure that the clients are made aware of why you are class apart from the rest and why they should entrust their loyalty to your brand.
- For any business to grow, the most important aspect is getting to know the client’s needs and suggestions. After all, they are the end-users and have every right to voice their opinion and give feedback. Be a good listener to understand this well and be open to suggestions, giving room for improvements and desired changes where needed.
- Build a catchy website. Nowadays people are more hooked on to the internet and search for products, services, and others. A proper SEO optimized website with good details about the product/service is sure to draw attention and become the talk of the town.
These simple steps will definitely get you the word-of-mouth marketing that is so important for your business.